At HumanKapital, our accredited workplace mediators and investigators are seasoned experts with proven ‘hands on’ experience dealing within informal complaints through to formal complex investigations from the operational level through to the senior executives.
The investigations conducted by HumanKapital are fair, impartial and prompt focusing on sensitivity and confidentiality throughout the investigation process. Interim reports are provided followed by a formal written report with findings, evidentiary matters, root and underlying causes and recommended post-investigation action including preventative/ mitigation strategies.
Situations where you may consider using an external investigator:
- The process needs to be completed in a short period of time
- The issues are sensitive or could not be (or perceived to be) handled objectively internally
- The investigation needs to be conducted on a ‘need to know’ basis
- The investigations involve or may senior employees
- There a potential risk that an organisational policy or workplace law has been breached and the complainant could refer the matter externally
- Your business does not have the right in house skills or resources
- Your in-house HR practitioner is not comfortable running or coordinating the process
- The complaint or issues relate or potentially relate to your in-house HR team
HumanKapital’s accredited workplace mediators are skilled in assisting parties articulating their views and positions, considering options and alternatives and the best way to move forward in a constructive way. Our mediators can conduct the mediation on-site, or we can move it to a neutral location. The process is confidential and designed to limit disruption within the business and wider workgroup.
Situations where you may consider using an external mediator include:
- The matter can be resolved realistically through mediation
- The parties have a preference or are open to the issues being managed informally through a mediation as opposed to a formal investigation
- The issues are not about potential serious breaches or policy or misconduct
- The issues are the due to differences of opinion, operating style and or personality clashes.
Need mediation for a workplace issue in Newcastle?
To enquire about any of our HR services like recruitment, workplace health and safety, mediation or investigation, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the experienced mediators and investigators at HumanKapital. Call us on 0419 763 927 or contact us online for expert advice and support.