Our client is a successful legal firm specialising in the areas of insurance, commercial and family law with offices in both Sydney and Newcastle. They are looking for an experienced Workers Compensation Lawyer to join their Newcastle office.
As a Workers Compensation Lawyer, you will work closely with the experienced and respected Partners in the Insurance Team, representing and advising insurer and employer clients on all aspects of disputes and claims management. This permanent full-time position is a great opportunity for anyone looking to build a long-term career at a well-respected firm.
About the Role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing prompt legal advice in relation to liability and permanent impairment disputes within strict and specified timeframes and adhering to service standards.
- Critically analysing medical and factual evidence.
- Ensuring accessibility to clients and maintaining open dialogue with employers and insurers regarding claims and developments.
- Resolving matters on the best possible terms with a view of achieving timely and cost-effective outcomes for clients.
- Ensuring an optimal outcome is achieved for matters which proceed to Arbitration.
- Keeping up to date with legislative changes and monitoring significant Court decisions.
- Proven experience and expertise in workers compensation (5 years PAE preferred).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well to clients, employers, insurers, and peers including support staff.
- Excellent attention to detail and outstanding analytical skills which will be backed up by strong legislative knowledge.
- The ability to work effectively in a team-based environment, as well as autonomously.
- Have a desire for continuous development.
- Dynamic, energetic, and highly motivated.
- Permanent full-time position.
- Flexibility and genuine work life balance.
- Opportunities for professional and career progression, with potential internal promotion.
- Friendly and cohesive team environment.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please click APPLY.
If you would like more information, please call Catie on 0479 062 356 or email email@example.com.