Our client is a successful legal firm specialising in the area of insurance, commercial and family law with offices in both Sydney and Newcastle. They are looking for a Legal Secretary to join their team based in their Sydney office.
As a Legal Secretary, you will primarily be working with a Senior Lawyer specialising in Workers Compensation (Respondent) and will report to a Partner within the Insurance Team. This permanent full-time position is a great opportunity for anyone looking to build a long-term career as a Legal Secretary.
About the Role:
As a Legal Secretary your responsibilities will include:
- File management and document preparation.
- Preparing and filing documents.
- Managing files through Legal Panel Gateway, PIC, and Supreme & District court Portals.
- Billing within Lexis Affinity.
- Digital dictation.
- Liaising with clients and other third parties.
- Preparing Briefs.
- Completing reports for insurer clients.
- General administrative duties of the team such as diary, office, and file management.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experiences as a legal secretary.
- At least 2 years’ experience in workers compensation with prior exposure to Workers Compensation and Work Injury Damages is preferred,
- Experience using the Lexis Affinity is desirable.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Adobe Pro, Excel etc).
- Have a minimum typing speed of 70 words per minute with a high level of accuracy.
- A high level of organisation, focus and attention to detail, together with the capacity to manage conflicting priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and judgement, with the ability to assess priorities and deadlines.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Permanent full-time position.
- Friendly and cohesive team environment.
- Flexible work hours for the right candidate
- An opportunity to be a part of a successful and forward-thinking law firm.
If this sounds like your next opportunity please click APPLY.
If you would like more information, please call Catie on 0479 062 356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.