Our client is a local family owned and operated company within the engineering industry, providing manufacturing, fabrication, fitting and innovation services to a variety of businesses. They pride themselves on their ability to deliver services above and beyond industry expectations and they are passionate about innovation and producing new solutions to old problems. They place strong emphasis on the way in which the business can achieve a cost effective, efficient, and sustainable result for all stakeholders. Our client is looking for an Estimator to join their capable team.
You will represent our client in a key customer facing role and as such you will have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills in order to build meaningful and productive client relationships.
About the Role:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with customers in regard to quotes.
- Producing and reviewing quotes, with a high attention to detail.
- Maintaining and developing quality customer relationships.
- Performing the duties of the Production Manager when required.
- Identifying labour, material, and time requirements.
- Resolving discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Managing customer expectations.
- Trade qualifications as a Fitter/Mechanist are essential.
- Previous experience working as an estimator in a jobbing machine shop.
- Familiarity with: process times for machining, welding, fitting; regional suppliers to manufacturing industry; a variety of manufacturing processes; a range of materials and equivalents.
- Proficient computer skills including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organisational and time management skills.
- Permanent full-time position.
- Collaborative and respectful company culture.
- Company car and mobile phone provided.
If you have a passion for providing services that go above and beyond customer expectations and this sounds like your next opportunity, please click APPLY.
If you would like more information, please call Catie on 0479 062 356 or email email@example.com