With over 10 years of industry experience, our client is a leading steel fabrication company based in Newcastle. They specialise in structural steel fabrication, structural steel installation, shop detailing and 3D modelling for the commercial, industrial, retail and residential sectors from Sydney, Central Coast, Hunter Valley, Mid North Coast and beyond.
About the Role
This is a key position reporting to the Senior Project Director. Our client is looking for an experienced “Project Manager” to be part of a team with a great culture who love challenges and are dedicated to safely delivering quality and on time projects to our customers. This position is ideally for an individual with sound experience within the commercial and industrial building industry. The position is predominantly based in their Newcastle office but will have some requirements to attend client or supplier meetings.
Key Responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Taking a lead role in establishing, maintaining, and ensuring compliance with HSE systems according to industry and company standards.
- Build strong and productive relationships with clients, contractors, and team members.
- Manage projects to ensure work is performed in accordance with agreed plans and specifications.
- Prepare project programs including milestones to track progress and control contractual and project risks.
- Managing project budgets to achieve or improve target margins.
- Prepare, submit, and approve detailed monthly reporting.
- Promptly respond to client and contractors’ enquiries, complaints, and requests.
- Manage all procurement and subcontractor requirements including variations, document control, defects, and disputes.
To be considered, you must demonstrate the following:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Project Manager working on industrial or commercial projects with tier 1 builders.
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Formal qualifications in construction, project management or related disciplines, coupled with a strong track record of multi-site management.
- Excellent communication.
- Ability to research issues, analyse and solve problems.
- Strong negotiation and technical construction and project management skills.
- Experience with steel erecting on major projects is a big advantage.
The successful applicant would enjoy working on a diverse range of projects through concept to completion; with a company that undertakes projects of all size and scale and values and recognises your contribution.
The position has a broad salary range dependent on qualifications and experience and will be discussed during the interview process with the short-listed candidates.
If this sounds like your next opportunity please click APPLY.
If you would like more information, please call Dean on 0479 077 467 or email email@example.com