People and Culture Manager
Our client is a modern disability services provider, offering a range of NDIS support services across Newcastle, Maitland, and the Hunter. Due to growth within the business, they are looking for a People and Culture Manager.
The successful candidate will bring energy and a solution focused approach, with an aptitude for building and nurturing relationships.
About the Role:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to all aspects of People and Culture policy and process implementation and improvements.
- Coordinate strategic initiatives and programs to achieve people related organisational goals.
- Ensure that People and Culture policies, programs and administrative processes are in line with best practice and adhere to legislative requirements.
- Support leaders through people challenges and influence positive outcomes in line with company policy and legislation.
- Oversee and manage a performance management and review system that drives high performance and the right behaviours.
- Proactively respond to and manage performance counselling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues as required.
- Actively engage across all levels of the workforce and manage day to day people issues.
- Prepare for and participate in the NDIS quality and safeguard operational audits.
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or equivalent, alternatively a degree in Business or Psychology (with a HR major) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a HR Manager or leading a HR team.
- Experience in the disability sector, aged care or health sectors would be favorable but is not essential.
- Willingness to lead and deliver on all aspects of the P&C function, both operational and strategic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- Ability to engage and build relationships with colleagues and peers from a variety of backgrounds.
- Have discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Superior attention to detail and time management skills.
- Committed to continuous improvement.
- Valid Australian drivers license.
- An exciting opportunity to learn and grow.
- A great team culture and collaborative work environment.