Our client is a leading disability care provider based across the Maitland and Newcastle region.
Skills and experience
- Certificate III or higher in Disability, Individual Support or Aged Care or equivalent with vocational experience sufficient to satisfy equivalent RPL / RPK requirements.
- Minimum 2 years experience within the health, care and/or disability industry.
- Ability to apply standard policy and operating procedure.
- Demonstrate application of listening and negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Effective communication (written and verbal), teamwork, initiative and enterprise, self management, planning and organising, problem solving, effective negotiation, and learning behaviours.
- Natural ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Willing to learn and engage with company provided products and services.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Current Working with Children Check certificate and Police Check or an NDIS Worker Screen Check
- Good career paths with opportunity for career progression.
- Small staff to resident ratios.
- Opportunities to meaningfully engage with residents to promote their independence.
- Supportive working environment with an active social club.
- Specialised training days to further your education.