HumanKapital is a full suite recruitment, human resources and WHS services provider.
Our client is a successful, highly respected local construction company based in Newcastle NSW. Due to continued growth, our client is looking for an Estimator to join their team.
Working closely with the Sales and Construction teams, this position will play an integral role ensuring the customer’s budget expectations align with the cost of construction. Your exceptional communication and customer service skills will assist you in building strong relationships with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
As the Estimator, you will possess strong project management skills, attention to detail and construction knowledge, that will assist the continuous improvement of business systems and processes.
About the Role:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop supplier relationships, identifying new and exciting opportunities and negotiating company pricing.
- Create and maintain standard price lists, setting agreed rates with trades and organising subcontractor agreements.
- Completion of production estimation and construction documents.
- Liaising with the Construction management teams.
- Source new products/suppliers with a strong focus on continuous improvement in product offering and cost optimisation.
- Prepare documentation for plans and contracts.
- Provide accurate pricing for building tenders and variations, while ensuring during the construction process orders and invoices align.
- Perform accurate quantity take offs.
- 2-3 years minimum experience working as a Quantity Surveyor or similar role.
- Residential or commercial experience with a strong working knowledge of the construction industry.
- Formal qualifications in Quantity Surveying or a related discipline desirable.
- Enjoy working in a team environment and eager to help others.
- Passionate about building productive client relationships through excellent customer service.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven project management and organisational skills.
- Strong stakeholder engagement.
- Able to produce a high level of accurate work, with great attention to detail.
- Motivated to make a difference, focus on process improvement and contribute ideas to enhance the success of the business.
- Permanent full-time position.
- You will be working in a vibrant and growing business.
- Collaborative team environment.
- Opportunity for growth and development.
If you have a passion for contributing to the growth of a small local business and this sounds like your next opportunity, please click APPLY.
Your application will include the following questions:
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?