HumanKapital is a full suite recruitment, human resources and WHS services provider.
Our client is a modern disability services provider, offering a range of NDIS support services across Newcastle, Maitland, and the Hunter. They are looking casual and part time Disability Support Workers to join their growing team.
As a Disability Support Worker you will be empathetic, committed, and passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. In this role you will enrich the lives of the people you support by promoting their independence and helping them to achieve their goals.
About the Role:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drop in support: morning, afternoon, personal care, in home care and transport.
- Assistance with community access and recreational activities.
- Day program support.
- Skill building support.
- Transportation and supporting social engagement.
- Maintaining a safe and clean home environment for residents.
In home care services are provided to residents around the clock, varying according to the needs of the residents being supported.
The day services programs typically run from 10am – 2pm, however some day programs can run between 6am – 5pm and may include weekend shifts.
We are seeking both casual and part time support workers to assist residents and day services participants.
- Driven and committed with the ability to work in a team environment and autonomously.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with a diverse range of people.
- Certificate II or higher in Disability, Individual Support or Aged Care OR be entering the second year into your higher qualification in a relevant field.
- Experience within the health, care and/or disability industry is desirable but not essential.
- Experience with behaviours and mental health are desirable but not essential.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Current Working with Children Check certificate and Police Check or willingness to obtain.
- An NDIS Worker Screen Check or willingness to obtain.
- Good career paths with plenty of opportunity for career progression.
- Small staff to resident ratios.
- Opportunities to meaningfully engage with residents to promote their independence.
- Supportive working environment with an active social club.
- Specialised training days to further your education.
If you have a passion for working with people in a supportive team, please click APPLY.