Our client is dedicated to high quality disability care services. They aim to empower members of the disability community by providing them with real choice and control regarding meeting their needs related to home care, household tasks, transport services and community access. This reputable organisation creates enriching roles for those working in the disability sector and strives to produce meaningful connections with the participants in order to support their needs and meet their goals.
About the Role
This casual role is suitable to a highly reliable and experienced Disability Support worker, who has proven empathy, commitment and compassion.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- High personal care and domestic duties support
- Administration of the individual’s medication prompts
- Support the client managing their individual daily routine
- Support building individual’s own independence
- Transport to appointments and accompany clients to community events
There are currently several roles available with multiple assignments in various locations across Newcastle, Maitland and Hunter.
- Previous experience within the healthcare, aged care or disability industry; relevant qualification in Disability, Individual Support or Aged Care is desirable but not essential
- Excellent support service delivery in a respectful way; experience with positive behaviour and mental health management is desirable but not essential
- Strong sense of accountability and confidentiality
- Computer literate – able to keep clients records updated
- Current First Aid; CPR Certificate is desirable
- National Police Check or NDIS Worker Screen Check
- Working with Children Check
- Unrestricted DL and own vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Available to support clients consistently
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Opportunity to work in a team of highly passionate and experienced professionals
- Chance to create meaningful connections, enhance people’s lives and positively impact their independence
If you have a passion for supporting people with disability, aim to create meaningful connections and this sounds like your next opportunity, please click APPLY.
If you would like more information, please call Martina on 0478 238 962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org