Our client is a locally-owned consultancy business in the oil and gas projects industry delivering big results for their national reach of blue-chip clients. They are a ‘one-stop’ solution for all on-site maintenance services, specialising in Maintenance and Project Management. They are results driven but lifestyle lead.
About the Role
Our client is looking for an experienced Casual Engineering Project Coordinator to assist the Operations and Project Manager in the coordination and delivery of project and engineering services relating to petrochemical maintenance and management systems. This role is required to:
- Utilise your desktop computer skills to coordinate and develop the technical engineering requirements of client projects.
- Implement assigned tasks in the delivery of mechanical and civil engineering projects including scope building and scheduling.
- Attend project meetings and deliver periodic project reports.
- Conduct field work/site visits maintaining compliance with statutory and site policies and procedures.
- Interpret technical documentation relating to project scope and scheduling and apply relevant industry standards.
- Apply solid project management skills including documentation and progress tracking.
- Collaborate with engineering staff and draftpersons to ensure design documentation is issued in accordance with project schedules.
- Diploma level qualification in Project Management and/or Engineering disciplines.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a comparable position in the oil and gas, construction, mining, civil or related industries.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technical drawings including Piping Instrumentation Diagrams (PIDs), construction detailed drawings and fabrication drawings.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite particularly MS Word, Excel, Project and Teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and within a small team environment using strong time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating maintenance scope of works and managing cost estimates.
- Work in the oil and gas industry without leaving Newcastle.
- Work with large corporates without the corporate environment.
- Flexibility and work-life balance.
- Work in a relaxed office environment with a small team achieving a common goal.